Cricket Betting Online for Real Money
India is best known for its passion for cricket. Its national team is one of the most popular teams in the world, and have won two World Cups and earned two trophies in ICC World Twenty20. And in 2023, India is set to host the Cricket World Cup which is expected to generate another record participation from the sports fans and enthusiasts.
This passion for sports extends to sports betting for real money. According to one study, the sports betting industry in the country is valued at Rs. 4,380 crores in FY18, and it's safe to say that online cricket betting contributes to this amount substantially.
One only needs to check the available sportsbooks for Indian customers today. Almost all leading betting sites cover the most popular cricket tournaments and accept real money bets from Indian punters. If you're planning to bet on cricket online, you'll find a friendly online betting environment thanks to the availability of top Indian betting sites that are ready to accept your bets.
However, one must exercise prudence when checking the cricket betting sites list in India. Not all of these websites are safe, secure, and offers comprehensive coverage of the sport.
Best Cricket Betting Sportsbooks Online In 2021
The Best Cricket Betting Sites - How We Compare Sportsbooks
As experienced punters and sports enthusiasts, we take online cricket betting seriously. To help create a list of the best online cricket betting sites, our team only reviews the most secure websites available. This means that we check remote licenses and privacy encryption tools when conducting real money sportsbooks reviews. Each trustworthy betting site puts its approved remote license on display. You can easily find it on its homepage, at the bottom part of the screen. If a site is included in our list of cricket betting sites, you can be sure that it's fully licensed and complies with regulatory requirements.
Also, we take into consideration the encryption technologies used by the operators. The best India cricket betting websites use a 128-bit SSL encryption to secure the transaction of their platform.
Major Cricket Events Covered
When comparing the best cricket betting sites, it's also important to focus on the major cricket events covered by them. The quality of your sports betting experience heavily depends on the types and number of cricket betting markets available. If the cricket betting sites cover the most popular tournaments and leagues, then it provides you with various opportunities to place a custom cricket bet and win. Here's a look at the most popular leagues and tournaments where you can place your cricket bet online:
- ICC Cricket World Cup. When it comes to cricket, the World Cup is the most eagerly-anticipated. Organized every four years, it attracts the best teams and players from various countries. In the World Cup, each team has to play the International One-Day in four stages. India won the World Cup in 1986 and since then, the tournament has become a heart-throbbing game for every Indian.
- ICC Champions Trophy. It is another initiative by ICC and one of the most important tournaments after the World Cup. Originally, it was a knockout tournament that became very popular due to its jaw-dropping action of cricket. Unfortunately, the tournament is no longer active after 2013.
- T20 World Cup. This World Cup is the young blood in the family of international cricket. However, the short format and entertaining cricket made it popular in no time. The tournament has witnessed some of the highest and longest sixes of cricket. It was initiated by India in 2007 and since its inception, the T20 cricket matches constantly deliver unmatched excitement and energy to its fans.
- Asia Cup. It is the most crucial competition fought between the Asian cricketing teams. The tournament includes countries like India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and UAE. It is the biggest event organized by the region and the venue for exciting India vs. Pakistan fixtures.
- Indian Premier League. IPL is the most famous sporting event organized by India. It was started in 2007, where the teams are a blend of young international players with the experienced players in one squad. The tournament takes place in summer for the fans to witness quality cricket with sheer drama providing glitz, glamour, and glory.
These are just some of the popular tournaments that are regularly covered by leading sportsbooks today. If you're into online betting on cricket, it's important that the sportsbook you choose should accept bets for these popular tournaments. In case you are starting with the online cricket betting, make sure to read through our cricket betting beginner's guide.
Other Things to Consider When Betting On Cricket Online
It's always great to have an access to some useful cricket betting tips before putting your first bet down. For an improved betting experience, make sure you pay attention to the tools and resources offered by the online cricket betting websites. Online cricket match betting is all about information and statistics, and your success eventually depends on your access to important information.
For example, always check out the quality of cricket betting odds and the types of bets available. The cricket odds are displayed in different ways from the decimal, fractional to Moneyline. Whatever format is used, remember that the odds affect your payout and profit in every bet on cricket.
As a rule, compare the cricket odds and sign up with an Indian sportsbook that offers competitive odds at all times. Also, the types of cricket bets available should be considered. Don't just rely on the standard cricket bet types like the winner/outright or over/under. For a more exciting online cricket betting experience, look for sportsbooks that offer alternative bet types like in-play cricket bets.
Are you ready to show your passion for the sport through betting on cricket? If yes, check out our recommended Indian sportsbook on this page and start betting like a true professional!