Understanding Online Football Betting Odds
The world of football shines with lucrative prizes and the bragging rights to be called the best and the 'beautiful game'. Aside from the popular tournaments like the World Cup, the English Premier, and La Liga, there are other exciting regional competitions taking place, each with its unique draw and set of characteristics. Also, these tournaments are run year-long, thus you can always count on an exciting tournament or match every month.
This popularity of football is also accompanied by unprecedented growth in online football betting. The passion for the sport extends to online sportsbooks where punters and enthusiasts support their teams through betting. In 2018 alone, €136B was spent on online football betting according to FIFA. And we're talking about legal and regulated bets placed at licensed sportsbooks.
Today, you can easily find top Indian sportsbooks offering online football betting services and with just a few steps, you can easily sign up for an account and bet on your team.
Football betting may be popular right now and there are dozens of sites competing for your attention, but we highly recommend that you check first your options. Read first our guide on online football betting and discover how you can pick a site and bet responsibly.
Best Online Sportsbooks For Football Betting In India
The Best Indian Sportsbooks
When it comes to choosing an online gambling platform, the first things to consider are safety, security, and privacy. For this reason, you need to find sportsbooks that are fully licensed to accept players from India. It's also best to work with sportsbooks that are fully-encrypted through SSL encryption and accepts Rupees as one of the accepted currencies. Once these basics are covered, then compare these websites according to the following parameters:
- A wide array of betting markets. If you want to be successful in online football betting, then work with a site that offers you a wide array of betting markets. Check out the available football bet types you can play before signing up for an account. Some of the most popular football bet types to play are moneyline (or match winner), over/under, and best scorer.
- In-play betting. In traditional sports betting, the bets are placed ahead of time, before the start of the match. However, there's also an option to place the bets during the actual play or match. This is in-play betting and involves betting on scores and changes in momentum as they happen. Here, the football betting line often changes to reflect the changes in the football match odds. The football betting odds are updated in real-time to reflect a change in momentum or a change in possession. Some of the most popular in-play bets you can play are Next to Score, Next Team to Score, and Total Goals in the Half.
- Promotions and free bets. The competition among sportsbooks is intense and they are always on the lookout for the best strategies to attract customers. One popular marketing strategy is to offer sportsbook bonuses and promotions. As a player looking for value, it's best to sign up for sites that offer lucrative promotions. Some of the best promotions are new customer bonuses, reload bonuses, cashback, and free bets. Some websites also host 'Matches of the Day' where punters can enjoy boosted football odds and bigger payouts.
- The best football odds. In shopping for the next site, it's also important to pay attention to the quality of football betting odds. Often expressed as a decimal (1.75) or fractional (3/1), football match odds can tell you the probability of an event or outcome happening. Also, the published betting rates football odds can tell you about your potential payout or profit for a specific wager. Make it a point to check and compare the sports odds before you place your bet.
Play and Place Your Bets in Top Football Tournaments
Choosing your sportsbook is just the start. To enjoy an exciting football betting experience, you also need to know the most competitive tournaments available. As the world's most popular sport, football is played in different countries, under various leagues and tournaments. However, not all of these tournaments are not worth your time and betting money. Here's a look at the top tournaments you can follow and bet on:
- Copa America. This league is the oldest existing continental football competition. The teams are associated with CONMEBOL and other nations such as Mexico, Costa Rica, and the United States. Throughout its history, Brazil and Argentina are the two most successful teams with 15 wins to date. U
- UEFA European Championship. This European Championship has established itself as one of the most exciting football tournaments in the world. The tournament counts the participation of 16 to 24 teams. In its history, Germany and Spain lead all participating teams with three championships each.
- UEFA Champions League. For many, this is the best international football league. The tournament gathers the greatest teams around the world for action-packed football matches for the fans. Real Madrid is the most successful team in this league.
- FIFA World Cup. The World Cup is the most popular and highly anticipated sporting event not just in football but in the whole sporting business. Fans from different countries tune in to the matches to support their players and teams. In 2018, more than a billion fans and viewers tuned to the World Cup matches.
Aside from these popular leagues and tournaments, you can also bet on La Liga, Indian Super League, and the German Bundesliga. As mentioned, online football betting offers you a wide and diverse betting opportunity and you can start by signing up for an account.
Choose Your Site, Start Betting Today
Can't decide on what sportsbook to choose?
We make things convenient for you. As a leading website for all things related to sports betting, we can provide you with guides and tips on football online betting. At our website, we provide the best Indian sportsbooks reviews. Just browse our list, pick a site, and start betting today.